In today’s article, we will share with you the specifics of a new scholarship opportunity designed specifically for minority students studying in India. Minority Scholarship is equipped with basic information about this scheme, such as a list of available scholarships and a step-by-step procedure for applying for the Minority Scholarship 2022 without difficulty. Make sure to read the entire article to get all of the scholarship information.
Minority Scholarship 2022
Minority scholarships are available for members of the minority community who are economically disadvantaged. The organization of Welfare Of Minorities Under The Ministry Of Welfare by the Government of India created this scholarship program. The primary goal of these scholarships is to provide special treatment to students who are unable to fund their education because they are members of a minority community and are constantly in poverty.
Minority Scholarship Deadline Extended
According to the most recent information posted on the National Scholarship Portal, the deadline to apply for the scholarship program for post-matric minority scholarships has been extended to January 15th, 2022. Applicants can register by visiting the official portal before the 15th of January 2022. The deadline for Institute Verification and Defective Verification has also been pushed back to January 31, 2022. Applicants should not wait until the deadline to apply for the scholarship program.
Minority Scholarship Specifics
|Name||Minority Scholarship 2022|
|Launched by||Government of India Ministry of Minority affairs|
|Beneficiaries||Students belonging to the minority community|
|Official site||National Scholarship Portal|
Scholarships from the Federal Government
- Minority post-graduate scholarship
- Minority pre-matriculation scholarship
- Scholarship for professional and technical courses based on merit.
Minority Scholarship Criteria for Eligibility
To be eligible for the minority scholarship, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- To participate in this scheme, the student must be enrolled in school, college, or university.
- The annual income of the child’s parents should not exceed Rs 100000 to Rs 200000.
- He or she must be classified as living below the poverty line (BPL).
- To be eligible for the minority scholarship program, the applicant must be a deserving student.
- The goal of this program is to encourage minority female students to pursue an education.
- Students in the tenth grade are eligible to apply for this scheme.
- In this, students from government and non-government educational institutions received more than 50% in the previous year.
- Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme is available to students whose father’s annual income does not exceed one lakh rupees.
- Such students can apply for this scheme by submitting an application to the committee.
- Students from class XI to Ph.D. are eligible for the Post Matric Scholarship Scheme.
- Its name is only given to students who scored more than 50% the previous year.
Minority Scholarship Renewal Process
Candidates can renew their scholarships by following the steps outlined below:
- Every year, aspirants must renew their scholarship.
- To renew the scholarship, students must have received at least 50% in the previous year’s examination.
- For renewal cases, officials do not publish a merit list.
Minority Scholarship Selection Criteria
The applicant will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- The officials will shortlist scholarship applicants based on their financial situation.
- The selection committee will review the candidates’ applications and shortlist those who meet the criteria for each scholarship.
- In the event of a tie in income, the older candidate will be chosen for the scholarship.
- To communicate the scholarship result, the officials will generate a merit list based on the aspirants’ income.
- After the selection process is completed, the candidates will receive the award specified for each scholarship.
- Officials set aside 30% of the scholarship funds for female students from each minority community.
- In the event that no female students are available, the scholarship will be transferred to male students in the concerned state or union territory.
- Students who live in a specific state or union territory, regardless of where they study, will be eligible for the scholarship under the state/UT quota.
Go to the National Scholarship Portal.